More from the IBM Redbooks team here in Austin. This time its an update to a prior book, actually this is the 3rd revision of the popular Introduction and Configuration book.
They’ve added and updated information on the following:
The value of the Advanced POWER Virtualization
- Virtualization technologies on System p servers
- New features in Version 1.3 of the Virtual I/O Server.
- Additional information for Virtual SCSI optical devices.
- Setting up the Virtual I/O Server: the basics
- Setting up virtual I/O: advanced
- Scenario 4: Network Interface Backup in the client
- System management
- Additional information about Hot Plugging adapters with respect to Fibre Channel.
- Additional information about the topas command
- New monitoring commands included in 5.5.6, New monitoring commands on the Virtual I/O Server.
- A new section on security: 5.7, Security considerations for Virtual I/O Servers.